Friday 17 November 2017

Review: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World.

Last year I was lucky enough to experience many people's dreams - Walt Disney World at Christmas time.

After experiencing a few days in NYC, we took an internal flight to Orlando, and spent 2.5 weeks of December in this magical place. Because we knew we'd been spending a huge amount of time in the parks, we went all out and spent extra on tickets for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

We saw the Once Upon A Christmastime Parade, Cinderella's castle adorned in icicles, and collected complimentary festive treats from various stands throughout the park (being the foodie I am, this was my favourite part of the night! Being able to finally sample Egg Nog and eat Christmas cookies is right up my street!)

Egg Nog & Cookie!
The atmosphere was brilliant. The air was filled with festivities, Christmas lights everywhere, Disney characters dressed up in their festive attire, and 'snow' falling from the night sky down Main Street as Mariah Carey's 'All I want for Christmas' softly played in the background (this was truly magical, and definitely a proposal opportunity if there ever was one!).

'snowing' down Main Street
One favourite memory of mine was taking a ride on the carousel at night with Mike, with all the lights glistening, and seeing Cinderella's castle poking through the buildings, glowing in all its glory. This ride gave me time to reflect and people watch, and made me realise just how lucky I was to be there, not just in Magic Kingdom, but to be there at Christmas time.


Unfortunately we never managed to do any meet and greets, but I know this is a huge favourite for many people, because the majority of the Disney Characters wear their Christmas suits, which is something that can only be seen at this particular event.

Image result for mickey mouse christmas magic kingdom
source - google
The parade, although festive with both the characters costumes and floats, wasn't much different from the standard parades. It definitely got you in the spirit though (if you weren't already feeling it!).



There were smaller shows on throughout the night but we decided to make the most of the short queue times (Seven Dwarfs Mine Train I'm looking at you!).

Do I think its worth the ticket price? Probably not. Although you get to see shows unique to that event, and free snacks and drinks are provided throughout the night, there is only so much you can eat! Admittedly the atmosphere is truly magical, but visiting Magic Kingdom in November/December on a non-Christmas party night will still squeeze that festive spirit out of you! The lights will still be on, you can buy your own festive treats to snack on, as well as see the standard firework display.

I'm glad I can say I've done it, and although it was a magical experience, I wouldn't rush back to do it again.


 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig