Friday 1 April 2016

March Round-Up - Amsterdam, Liverpool & Afternoon Tea!

March has been yet another jam-packed month full of exciting happenings!

I managed to travel to Amsterdam with my mum over her birthday and spend a whopping 5 hours in this canal-filled city (here's what I got up to). We took a canal tour, learnt about the history of Amsterdam, and spent time chatting over tea in a quirky café watching the world go by (or as I like to call it, people watching).

I also baked my very first cheesecake - filled with nutella and Ferrero rocher, baking it myself made me realise just how many calories go into cheesecakes, but I don't want to think about that right now! Either way, it was a success, Mike said it was 'the best cheesecake' he's ever had (and that's bloody good coming from him!)

At the end of the month, Mike and I, along with his parents, drove to Liverpool for a nights stay on Albert Dock. This trip was packed full of lots of things - a trip to The Beatles Story Museum, a meal in the PanAm restaurant, a ride on the Liverpool wheel alongside treats in a coffee shop. Best of all, it was all free! I won a twitter competition a few months back so finally took my prize. We also had afternoon tea which was gorgeous, but more on that in a different post!

We then finished the month off with a lovely long bank holiday weekend. I looked after my niece and did an easter egg treasure hunt for her, she loved it!

March has whizzed by in the blink of an eye. April will be a much quieter month in terms of plans, with nothing in the pipeline! I've been away every fortnight for the past 2-3 months, so it'll actually be nice to spend time at home and catch up on those errands that always gets put on the back burner...

Till next month!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig