Monday 22 June 2015

London Theatre, Afternoon Tea & Lush!

This weekend I spent in London as an early birthday present for Mike. We had such a good time and did lots of exciting things.

After arriving mid afternoon on Friday, we booked into our 4* hotel in the London Bridge area, made ourselves look pretty then headed to Covent Garden for tea. We enjoyed a 2 course meal in Fire & Stone which was so good, and best of all was free (an old competition win that I finally got round to using!). Showing our age, we called it a night at 830 and headed back to our hotel to relax for the night (trains have a knack of making you tired!).

Saturday morning we arose bright and early and headed into Oxford Street and did a little shopping. I may have over-

indulged in Lush's new Oxford Street store (that store is A-mazing, I'm sad that I turned down the Spa tour that was offered to me too!). There were so many new products in there that I'd never set eyes on before...so many pretty colours and smells.. I was like a kid in a sweet shop!

Mid afternoon we headed to The Hilton Hotel in Westminster to indulge in some afternoon tea (another competition win, gotta love a freebie!). I'm a bit of a pro in Afternoon Tea now, however unfortunately I didn't rate this one, but more on that in another post!

On the way back to the hotel we found ourselves passing Tate Modern so we had a browse at some amazing art work before heading back to the hotel to freshen up again before heading to the theatre in Leicester Square, ready for 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' - I'd never heard of this show up until 6 months ago when Mike introduced me to it. Now I'm not usually a comedy girl (simply because I'm slow on the uptake with jokes!) but this was so funny and I had a really good night.

Sunday morning we rose late and was hoping to grab some brunch at The Breakfast Club, however they were queuing outside the door. We jumped on the tube and I was adamant to eat in an American Diner. We tried Ed's Easy Diner but wasn't keen on the seating plan, so we settled for 'The Diner' down Carnaby Street. We ordered milkshakes and they were THE best. We totally splashed out on American junk food and was in a food coma for hours afterwards, but it was so worth it.

The guys at the hotel gave us complimentary late check out (dream!) so we went back up to our rooms, grabbed our bags and headed to Kings Cross.. our trip was done in a flash.

I love London! Hopefully I'll be returning soon!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Sounds like you had such a good time! I really like the Diner, they do really good pancakes. I'm seeing Whose Line this weekend, so excited! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig