Wednesday 4 February 2015

My Month In Photos | Monthly Positives

I've decided that this year I'm going to do a monthly round up of positives and I feel that I've cracked it off to a flying start.

Clockwise from top left - Slimming World Mag/Achieving my half a stone sticker. Giving knitting a go for the very first time. A stack of books I bought from Amazon, Into The Darkest Corner becoming my fave. Shoot For The Stars Lush Bath Bomb.

January Positives

  • I've begun a new hobby - I'm slowly teaching myself how to knit. A knitting magazine caught my eye last week whilst in Tesco - it was an introductory magazine for 99p and came with 2 knitting needles and 2 balls of yarn.. how could I refuse?! You get the magazine each week and every week you knit a new square. You eventually (after 90 weeks!) create a gorgeous knitted throw with all different types of stiches.
  • I started Slimming World with my friend, and in 3 weeks I've managed to shift 8.5lbs which I'm pretty happy with! I feel more determined than ever now and Mike's starting to give me pretty good incentives to keep me going (my first one being if I lose a stone by the end of Feb he's going to treat me to 10 Lush bath bombs.. too cool to refuse!). Weight has been a huge hang-up of mine for a few years now so I'm determined to finally fight it.
  • I read a fantastic book this month that has gone to the top of my 'favourite book' list.
  • This kinda goes hand-in-hand with the one above, but I'm making more of a conscious effort to read more, and I've almost finished my 2nd book this month (usually it takes me approx. 6 weeks to read 1!)
  • There's an area of my life which I'm not entirely happy with, and I've took the first step in doing something about it, and this has now progressed onto the next step, so I'm super excited to see what happens (wont into too much detail but I will reveal all if it pulls off!)
  • I've finally started painting a wardrobe that has been in my garage for 18+ months. I'm hoping to transform the back bedroom into some form of bedroom, instead of a dumping ground, and this was my first step!
  • I've been having a lot of Lush baths and really enjoying them... trying to make the most of them because I don't tend to have baths in the warmer months...
Things I've been loving...Despite being on Slimming World, I discovered Tesco's Cookies & Cream spread after my boyfriend bought it for himself - Oh dear god... this stuff is beyond amazing. I actually think it's better than Nutella. Eaten neatly off the spoon, of course. It's that good that when he went to boy some more, they'd sold out! Lush baths.. I've become pretty obsessed with Lush stuff - I've spent over £100 on Lush items in the last 3 months.. whoops! Anything sweet and candy scented and I'm gonna love it!

All in all, a pretty successful month with some quite 'big' tasks accomplished.

What are your monthly highlights?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Nice post!
    You've got a nice blog dear!
    I'm following you via GFC, kindly follow back
    http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post
    You've got a nice blog dear!
    I'm following you via GFC, kindly follow back
    http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig