Tuesday 24 February 2015

February's Birchbox 'Birchbox Loves...'

This months Birchbox is based around the theme of love (it is February after all..). A few of the Birchbox team have selected a few of their favourites, along with a handy card that states the smaller things in life what people love, that we often take for granted. For me it would be Lush bubble baths, early nights, a good book and candles..


Lets take a closer look...

 
Wild About Beauty Rose Water Illuminating Serum - RRP £22
This claims to be a "super luxurious solution to boost your skin’s radiance in a flash. The Rose Water Illuminating Serum is packed with light-reflecting particles, Organic Rose Water and Caigua Extract to help regenerate and revitalise your complexion instantly. It also contains pearls (fancy!) to add a subtle shimmer and boost luminosity". I've tried this a few times now and I'm still not sure what I think of it. It certainly doesn't blow me away, I'm not overly fond of the consistency if I'm honest, however I don't usually use illuminating skin products, simply because I always wear foundation, so I think it'd be pretty pointless to wear!
 
T London Darjeeling Bath & Shower Wash - RRP £18 (for 300ml)
I'm still yet to use this shower wash (I like to keep these size samples for breaks away instead) however after smelling it, I found the scent very mediocre and standard, exactly like you would expect to find a middle-of-the-range shower gel to smell - fresh with a kick of citrus. Unfortunately I'm no lover of this scent so this hasn't blown me away.
 
TheBalm Cosmetics Stainiac - RRP £10
This two-in-one lip and cheek stain gives us "a natural, understated flush and helps us get out the door faster! The gel formula looks dark in the tube but delivers a sheer tint. The tinted gel leaves a lasting stain on lips and cheeks. Since it’s water-based, it has a longer setting time than most quick-dry stains, which means it won’t leave any unsightly streaks behind as long as you take care to blend well. Use a single coat for a subtle look or layer it on for a more visible (yet still discreet) hue." I've been trying this on and off for a few days now and I'm unfortunately not blown away. The consistency when applied to the lips just feels... weird. I feel like I'm applying water. It provides a very subtle tint (and very subtle at that), however within an hour or so I found that my lips were just left with an outline (almost as if I've applied lip liner but not filled my actual lip in). Not good. I can't say I've tried it on the cheeks as I'm more of a bronzer person than I am blusher. I do already have one of these in my collection from another brand, and I have the same thoughts on that product too. Just not my cup of tea!
 
 
 Cynthia Rowley Beauty Eyeliner (Silver) - RRP £11
Although not usually my chosen colour of eyeliner, this was one of my favourite products from the whole box. Its creamy consistency helps to glide onto the skin and releases a vibrant metallic silver tone. Just out of curiousity I tried it on the waterline and although it took some getting used to, it did actually open my eyes up a little. I think I will stick to wearing it on my upper lash line though, and blend it in for a smokey eye. I love the packaging of this too!
 
Liz Earle Botanical Shine Shampoo - RRP £10 (for 200ml)
I'm always pleased to see a well-known brand in the box, and Liz Earle is no exception. I didn't know that L.E did shampoo's either! I'm yet to try this shampoo (again, saving it for a weekend away!) however if it lives up to its name, I do expect good things!
 
 
The Chia Co. Oats + Chia - RRP £$.95 (5 pack)
"Whether you’ve only got 10 minutes to spare at home, or you’re breakfasting al desko, this creamy blend of wholegrain oats, sun-ripened chia, fruit and virgin coconut oil can be prepared in a minute or two so there’s no excuse not to get munching! Plus, it delivers a fibre boost and essential fatty acids to fuel both your muscles and your brain. Perfect!" - Here's a little story - I received the exact same sample in my monthly Degustabox a few months ago. Upon attempting to make this, I accidentally put too much water in, and it was unable to soak in, so I had to throw the whole thing away.. second time lucky! (and no, I haven't tried them yet to comment!)
 
I wasn't blown away by this months Birchbox, so I'm hoping next months is going to be a little more exciting!
 
What were your opinions on this months box? 
 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Found you while researching gifts for my sister, great blog x

    ReplyDelete

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig