Monday 5 January 2015

Travel Highlights of 2014

I've decided to scrap resolutions this year. I've got some firmly set in my mind, but they'll never meet the paper, simply because I'd feel pretty deflated by the end of the year had I not many any.
Instead I'm going to blog about my highlights of 2014. After reflecting over the year I soon realized that apart from the weekends away and holidays, the bits in between were pretty... boring. I didn't have any main events that I went to, no weddings, no special birthdays, no job changes or mid-life crisis'... so because I love travel that much, I thought why not just highlight all of the lovely places I managed to visit in 2014.

March - York


In March we went for our first day trip of the year to York. This was my first ever visit there and it reminded me a lot of Lincoln how it was a mixture of modern high streets and historic cobbled passageways. The shops were pretty and we had one of the most gorgeous afternoon tea's in The Grand Cedar Court Hotel.

May - Paris/Disneyland


In May we jetted off to Paris to celebrate my 29th Birthday. In the 3 days we were there we managed to spend a day in Disneyland and also another day sightseeing in central Paris. The weather stayed glorious for us which was a bonus! I'd love to revisit sometime to spend a little more time in central Paris seeing the sights. Next time... next time!

August - Manchester


In August we went to see Ant n Dec live on their Saturday Night Takeaway Tour in Manchester. This was part of my Christmas present from the previous year. We spent 3 nights there - I was lucky enough to win a competition earlier on in the year which meant I could extend our stay. I love Manchester. We often visit there and it almost feels like a second home now.

September - Tenerife


Late September I grabbed a last minute deal (although still to this day I don't think it was much of a 'deal' considering how late I booked it!). I don't often go away this late in the year, but it was lovely to get some last minute sun before the year was out. We stayed in Playa De La Cruz, which I didn't realize till I got there that it was a rather quiet area of Tenerife. It suited us fine though because we wanted that laid back, relaxing style of holiday, something we don't often
get when we go away!

October - Alton Towers Scarefest

I've always wanted to experience Alton Towers at Halloween, and we finally went this year. It was a bit of a disaster to say the least, we got to ride very few rides (5 in total in the 10hrs we were there!), ate our lunch in the rain, the whole time interval slots they had introduced for the Halloween mazes were a complete waste of time, the weather was horrible all day... need I go on? I complained and got cheap tickets for this year with a few extras thrown in, so all was not lost. Hopefully this year's experience will be better!

November - Liverpool


November took us to Liverpool for a part of Mike's present that I had got him for his birthday - to see wrestling live. We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed another afternoon tea, shopping for Christmas presents and eating!

Safe to say I've had a nice handful of weekends away in 2014. This year see's a big 'un - Florida! *squeels* so I'm not expecting regular getaways as we'll be saving for that instead. I am going to try make them up with days out instead.

Where did you venture in 2014?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig