Sunday 19 October 2014

Dunelm Living Room Wishlist


There's no doubt about it, I'm obsessed with homeware and always on the look out for items to improve it. I've lived in my house just over 3 years and was getting bored of the colour scheme and style that I had originally opted for - although in true Kate style, I haven't just got bored with one room, I'm wanting to change 3 rooms in our house at present, and being one of those people that want everything yesterday, I was beginning to find it all a little overwhelming. My head was spinning with ideas on colour schemes and styles for all 3 rooms to the point where I couldn't even go to the shops to have a look for new items because I just didn't know where to start.
I'm hoping this moodboard that I've created will give me some guidance, and I've decided to start with my living room.

My living room was once a teal/grey/back colour scheme, however in the early summer I was tired of the wallpaper - I felt the style had become too popular to the point of being tacky so I stripped it, re-wallpapered and opted for a light duck egg blue paint to brighten things up. I have a love for shabby chic so I'm slowly replacing all black glass furniture with white wooden shabby chic style furniture. I only have only more piece to replace which is the TV stand, and then we're pretty much done. Today I managed to get rid of my teal curtains and replaced them with some nice cream ones that my mum had hanging around, luckily they were the perfect fit!


When we first moved in the previous owners had a gorgeous thick cream carpet down which was almost new. Obviously re wind 3 years and I had my own vision of teal and grey in my head so I pulled this poor carpet up and stuck it in the garage. Needless to say now I'm completely regretting that, I'm not sure if I can save it from all those cobwebs and spiders that have festered in it over the 3 years in the garage.. yuck!
Dunelm Living Room Wishlist - Oct 14
Here are my top 10 items that I'm in love with and would look perfect in my living room.
I already have the chandelier lampshade in my hallway and I love it that much that I'm thinking about having the same one in my living room!
I've had my eye on the canvas for over a month now, I'm just hoping it'll come down in the sales soon!
I LOVE the lace cushion effect. We have a grey couch with huge scatter cushions, however because of the colour, I need to somehow incorporate the creams/whites/blues to detract from the fact that my couch no longer matches!
I thought the hanging birdcage frames were unusual yet cute, and the sheepskin rug would look perfect in front of the fire, again, detracting from the charcoal grey carpet!
Now I have something visual to refer to, hopefully I can crack on with some home décor shopping!
 
Which is your favourite item?

Keep your eyes peeled for some 'before' and 'after' pictures coming soon!



SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I'm addicted to white stuff. My whole room is now clinical white and used to be purple and cluttered. You have good taste ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it? Is everything white or have you got another colour going on as well? - I like purple too! My conservatory is mostly white with purple accessories! x

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of your new colour scheme. It's a real shame I don't live near a Dunelm Mill otherwise I'd pop in, it looks like they have some good pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww - there's always online if you see something you really like! We didn't have a Dunelm near us up until a couple of years ago, then luckily one got built :-) x

      Delete
  3. What a lovely little wishlist! The lace cushion is bloody gorgeous. I'm a huge fan of all-white accessories. xxx

    Kirsty - Effortlessly Excessive.

    ReplyDelete

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig