Wednesday 13 August 2014

Nail Art - Pastel Marble Watercolour

When I have a bit of spare time I like to dabble a little in nail art. I'm by no means a pro at it but love a unique design once in while as I always seem to get stuck in the ol' polka dot rut (lazy nail art girl alert!). I was attempting to do an ombre nail last night; I've done it before and it turned out pretty well, however last night it just wasn't having it. I removed a full set of nails 3 times, so 1+hr later I gave in and searched for something else.

I came across 'watercolour nails - no water needed' - Perfect, I thought, for late night nail art. It was almost my bed time so the less hassle the better! Some may argue, but I thought this was so much simpler and quicker than gradient ombre nails. (Ignore the random air bubble that seems to have developed on my forefinger!)



You will need:

  • White nail polish (I used a Rimmel one from Rita Ora's collection)
  • 2 or 3 nail polish colours of your choice (My selection were from the Barry M gelly line)
  • Cling film or a sandwich bag
  • Top Coat (I used Seche Vite)
  • Nail varnish remover
  • Cotton Buds (or Q tips if you're American!)
Method:

  • Give your nails a coat of white polish and allow to dry
  • Apply a generous blob of each chosen nail polish on every nail - (don't worry if 2 colours merge into one)
  • Apply clingfilm over the nail and press down until all the blobs have spread across the nail
  • Repeat on all nails
  • Allow to dry then apply a top coat
  • Once dry, tidy up any edges by dipping a cotton bud in some nail polish remover.
I can't wait to try this effect with different colours!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig