Wednesday 4 December 2013

Fun in Florida! St Petesburg, Sarasota and Kayaking!

After 6 days in Florida, we took a trip up to St Petesburg, which is just past Tampa. We used to stay here when we were kids, so the visit was for more of a nostalgic thing than anything else.

Our apartments were just a walk across the road from the gorgeous beach, which definitely hasn't changed. I always remember the pure white sands and the turquoise sea.. a place me and my brother used to spend hours in, playing in our little rubber boat! Although unfortunately this time we were minus the rubber boat! The apartments themselves were pretty impressive too.. they had everything you needed, plus more. I really would recommend to stay here should you ever find yourself in St Petes!

We found a nice restaurant that was on the beach that was called Sloppy Joes. We deliberately picked to sit outside on the lower terrace (that was practically on the sand). We purposely timed it so we could watch the sunset whilst we ate, which was gorgeous. The sky full of pretty shades of pink and orange.

We drove to another town called Sarasota whilst we were there to do some kayaking. I shared a kayak with Mike, and safe to say, he definitely will not be getting in another kayak with me as long as we both shall live. I.was.a.nightmare. I could not 'drive' the kayak to save my life. I drove us into bushes and god knows what else. He lost his temper with me on several occasions because he needed a rest but couldn't because of my driving skills, so I (yes, me!) gave him a bad back, and he sure made me know about it! I'm glad we can laugh about it now but at the time he really didn't find it funny!

We also had a day shopping which was a nice breather from all the theme parks, and gave me the opportunity to stock up on some American goodies!

We took a trip to an historic site were old canons were, although I didn't take any photos of this as I wasn't feeling too clever on the day.

We had many evening strolls along the shoreline with the waves gently lapping at our feet, and just generally used the time to eat, relax, and catch up on some much needed sleep that we had lost in the first week through the theme park early starts! It was a pleasant change.








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig