Saturday 9 March 2013

February's GlossyBox - 'City Chic'

This months' box is based on the sleek city chic who is always 'on the go'. This box hopes to offer sophistication along with a bit of femininity, and I think it does just that.



I'm not going to go into detail about each one like I usually do, but instead offer my thoughts and opinions on the products that I have received. Obviously people's opinions on these beauty boxes are always extremely controversial, but usually this is because they apply the products to their life, i.e. if they receive a nail varnish in a very similar shade which they already have tonnes of, this product instantly tends to get dismissed.

Anyway, quit the waffle, on with the review.

  • Nails Inc 'St James' polish. I love a good paintbox red nail varnish. I already have a couple in my stash, but I never say no to a high end nail brand. The perfect travelling companion too.
  • Elizabeth Arden 8hr cream. As soon as I saw this it excited me. Similar to the Liz Earle hot polish cleanser, this too is raved about beyond belief. I've never managed to get my hands on it before, so I'm excited to try this.
  • Juicy Couture 'La La' fragrance. Sampled this in shops before but never bought it. They always do so pretty perfume bottles that I'd want to keep forever. I have this on right now and keep getting pleasant whiffs of it every now and again. I love perfume samples because of the type of job I'm in - I'm always on the go, in and out of peoples houses and in public etc, so I love to carry samples around with me to keep me feeling fresh and smelling pretty!
  • Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush. This is nice, however a little too bold and overpowering for my colourings. It reminds me of Macs 'Candy' and has a little bit of a violet undertone to it, so makes the lips look quite pale. I'll try work with this though.
  • Tresemme Extra Hold hairspray. This is the product I was least excited about, and the reasons are similar to what I mentioned at the start of this blog - I have a few cans of hairspray now (in fact I may have this exact same one). Its not something I use on a daily, or even weekly basis... I only use hairspray when I curl my hair, which is very rare, however although its not something I can get use out of immediately (well, not unless I decided to curl my hair tonight!), it is something I can add to the stash, because before long (ok, in a couple of years maybe) I would have had to buy another one ;-)
All in all, a pretty well thought-out varied box - bit of nail, fragrance, hair, make-up and skincare all rolled into one box. Perfecto.

What did you get in this month's box?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig