Tuesday 9 October 2012

Wedding Reception - Oufit of the Night!

On Saturday night we were guests at my boyfriend's friends wedding reception. The venue was a little out of town, about a 20 minute drive away, so I drove so Mike (my OH) could drink (even though he'd been drinking all week on holiday!).

I'd never been to this venue/hotel before but it was SO pretty (and I'm fussy!). I decided to take a photo in the reception area (although afterwards I noticed it looks like they are advertising for Christmas dinners, with the cracker, so please ignore!). I wish I took photos of the huge white 'head of table' chairs that looked like they belonged in a fairytale! They were so fancyful! This is definitely one I'll be adding to my potential list of wedding venues (even though I'm not engaged yet! ;-))

I picked my dress up from Matalan on Saturday too as a last minute purchase after deciding I haven't got anything 'weddingy' that fits me. If it was for the actual wedding I'd have gone a little more sophisticated or 'posh', but these days, evening do's seem a little more laid back. For £22.99 I think I've got quite a good buy. It's a stretchy lycra type material, but pretty thick so it doesn't cling to your figure too much. It has a lovely A-line floaty skirt which sits a few cm's above the knee.

The front has a lace panel that is covered in little flowers. It is a little revealing though. I'm not normally one for showing a lot of flesh/boob off so this was a little daring for me! However I got so many compliments and felt pretty confident in it after a little weight loss so I think this will be my go-to dress over the next couple of months.

The back of the dress has a V neck, although not too plunging. (I would have taken photos but at the time didn't know that I'd be using this as an OOTN post!). Also, sorry on the fact that this isn't a full length photo, again, I didn't know I'd be using it in a post. But FYI I had tan coloured tights on (*sob* not in Vegas anymore!) and black court shoes to complete the outfit that were from New Look. The handbag is just a small white leather clutch from Barratts (shoe shop that I'm not even sure exists any more?).

Keep your eyes peeled for my Vegas clothes haul, coming soon!


 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig