Friday 23 September 2011

Affordable winter coats...

So its coming to that time of the year again! Today my winter coat saw daylight for the first time in months. If you're anything like me, you like to have a new winter coat every year.
I've been trawling the websites now for the last few days and have noticed the same coats make a reappearance in the winter collection every year - Gilets, Faux Fur, Macs, Quilted Jackets/coats and duffles, they've even got clever and started combining 2 styles (i.e. the quilted duffle!). I've had many a macs, I've owned a duffle before, I've just sold a faux fur gilet but can honestly say I've never got my hands on a quilted coat, simply because I've never liked them before. Well.. till now... (it's amazingly strange how your fashion sense/taste changes over time isn't it?)

I don't know why but I've always associated quilted coats with old ladies, but it was a picture from an email I received from http://www.boohoo.com/ that created a different opinion in my mind. Unfortunately I don't have that picture to give you as the coat as not been released yet. However! I've trawled a few sites and here are a few to add to my wishlist...


Long Faux Fur Textured Coat.
Topshop -£89

  I remember really wanting one of these coats last year but I was so skint so didn't manage to get one in the end. I think this coat would be good for an evening out or for a special occasion. It looks so snuggly but this colour isn't really ideal for winter, let alone the material, so best kept for best! (They do them in black but I think this colour looks so much cuter!) Think a belt would look fab with this as well.


 




Rust Collarless Frill Mac
Miss Selfridge - £65

Everyone knows now that this colour is huge this season, which is one of the reasons why I picked it, but I also liked the detailed collar and the belt bow adds that feminine touch. The style of this is also really flattering and tends to suit all figures. Only downside to macs are that they aren't very warm in the winter, si this would be ideal for Autumn teamed up with a pair of skinny jeans and wedged or fur cuffed boots.






South three-quarter Quilted belted jacket
South - £55

There are some really nice quilted jackets out there, and some really ugly ones. It took me a while to find one that I really liked. I found this on the http://www.very.co.uk/ website, and the brand is South, which is also found in House of Fraser. I love this coat for a number of reasons - The colour - We all know black goes with everything. The belt - detachable but will cinch you in at the right places if you dislike the style of a 'straight' coat. The big brass looking buttons gives this coat a hint of military style to it. The length is perfect for winter. I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold so this will definitely keep me warm! 



Mustard Velvet Tie Double Breasted Coat
Topshop - £75
This is yet another colour which is massive this season. I think the cute bow at the collar was what attacted me to this though. Minus that and I think this would look like many coats out there. Like the last one, the length is good too. This is a good casual yet sophisticated coat which could be worn both in the day and at night.
I think it's so hard to choose a winter coat because not every coat suits certain outfits so I always think its good to have a few to choose from!
Have you chosen your winter coat yet?





SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Thank you for your lovely comment! The slippers are from Primark, only a couple of quid!

    You've picked some lovely coats, the mustard topshop one's my favourite :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving your blog! im now a follower :)

    check mine out and follow if youd like!
    emlovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog so much words can not describe it. It is just so amazing i just love it there is no words to describe how i feel about this blog xx

    my blog : http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the mustard topshop coat! gorgeous!

    jenna@www.pretastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was very pleased to find this site. I definitely enjoyed reading every little bit of it.It feels so nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. Really thankful to you for starting this.Thanks!
    regards,
    Rothco

    ReplyDelete

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig